- The non-degree studies offer an interdisciplinary approach to understanding the societies, cultures and economics of the region surrounding the Baltic Sea.
- The programme is a contribution to the constructing a new regional identity within the enlarged European Union. Its focus is on historical and current political, economic and cultural development in the Baltic Sea Region, national and international co-operation in and among the countries of the region, as well as the region's perspectives in the context of European regionalisation and globalisation.
- The language of instruction is English.
- The non-degree studies are especially addressed to exchange students and to Finnish degree students as minor studies (sivuaineopinnot). They do not lead to a degree at the University of Turku, but they are complementary studies to be used at the home university at the undergraduate or postgraduate level.
- The total amount of courses offered each academic year will be at least 25 ECTS.
At least two years of university studies and a special interest in the Baltic Sea Area in the fields available.
- We offer courses in the fields of History, Culture, Languages and Communication, and Society and Environment.
- Sivuainekokonaisuuden tulee olla vähintään 25 op, ja siihen tulee sisältyä vähintään 1 jakso kultakin painopistealueelta.
Preregistration with the courses is required only if mentioned, in other cases you can join the courses by attending the first session.
Registration to the exams: please contact baltic at utu.fi
e-mail baltic at utu.fi
Phone 02 333 6671